In brief, eating healthy can be tough. Especially, if you’re always on the go or short on time. Here are some healthy snacks that you can quickly grab and go. Bonus, they taste yummy! Healthy snacks on the go can easily be accomplished and keep you energized all day long. Snacking keeps you alert and keeps your blood sugar levels steady.
Here are 15 healthy snacks you’ll love (weightloss-friendly) to add to your diet. In particular, they are filled with proteins and healthy ingredients. Rather than sugars and calories. Fuel your body and feel good in it. Snacking healthy and in moderation is nothing to ever feel guilty about, you’ll feel amazing and your body will thank you for it.
This post contains affiliate links. I personally use and recommend the products and I may receive a small commission if you click the links.
15 Healthy Snacks You’ll Love
- Boiled Eggs Such an easy snack and you can make them ahead of time and store in the fridge. A great source of protein, vitamin B2, vitamin D, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12. Eggs are incredibly filling.
- Pistachios These yummy nuts provide protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Yogurt Try Greek yogurt, goat’s milk yogurt, or fat-free yogurt. Yogurt is high in protein, calcium, vitamins, and probiotics.
- Whey Protein Shake Mix 1 scoop whey powder and 8 ounces of almond milk with your ice in a blender. This yummy (healthy) treat will leave you feeling full and energized for hours with all-natural energy.
- Olives I could eat olives by the jar if I allowed myself to sit that long to eat them all. Olives are high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and contain powerful antioxidants.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie This is one of the best-tasting smoothies hands down. All you need to make it is mix frozen strawberries, fresh or frozen bananas, milk, and ice and mix to your desired consistency. Furthermore, you can also add in other ingredients to further customize this healthy treat.
- Granola Bars Keep in mind that all granola bars aren’t created equal. Many contain extra sugars and fats. Some healthy brands (or you can make your own) include Kind Bars, Clif Bars, and Zing Bars.
- Overnight Oats I love storing these in the fridge overnight and waking up to a delicious snack. To make: Place 3/4 cup rolled oats in a 16 oz mason jar, add in 1/2 cup of the fruit of your choice (blueberries, strawberries, etc), pour 3/4 cup milk over everything. Afterward, place the lid and shake. Lastly, put away in the fridge until you’re ready to indulge.
- Apple Slice Cookies Slice up an apple, layer with peanut butter then add your toppings. Delish!
- Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops Dip bananas in yogurt put in the freezer a few hours, and enjoy. Add sprinkles or other toppings if you wish. You can dip small bites of your favorite fruits and in yogurt and freeze as well; bananas, blueberries, and strawberries work great for this.
- Celery & Peanut Butter This classic snack will never get old.
- Baked Sweet Potato A great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Popcorn Low salt, low butter popcorn is a great healthy snack choice. Whole grains and fiber in popcorn help your body in several ways. Including lower the risks of diabetes, heart disease, and some cancers and other health issues.
- Chickpeas Eat a few of these to improve digestion, aid in weight management, and to reduce risks of a variety of diseases.
- Plain Cheerios A great on-the-go heart-healthy snack.
Wrapping It Up
Snacking doesn’t have to be stressful or unhealthy. By the way, you can easily enjoy these snacks while at home or on-the-go. Check out this list of 13 natural teas and their benefits next. Snacks are great in between meals, before or after a workout, and sometimes even before bed. If you pick healthy options, you can rest easy knowing that you are fueling your body with the ingredients that it needs.
In conclusion, healthy snacking will fuel your body and keep you energized and alert. Furthermore, it will help you not to overeat during meals. You can find healthy snack options to satisfy your cravings.