Fall is probably my favorite season. Summer is way too humid where I live, and fall is a very welcoming relief of crisp, cool air. Despite the coronavirus pandemic causing so many changes in the world, that doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy fun fall activities as a family. Here are 10 fun fall activities that you can still do with your family while enjoying the lovely fall season.
10 Fun Fall Activities for Families
- Look at leaves– Take a small road trip to go see beautiful leaves changing colors. I love going to the mountains to experience all of the scenic fall beauty.
- Pumpkin Patches– Many pumpkin patches will still be open this fall. Masks may be required at some, it’s always a good idea to have a mask on hand wherever you travel to these days. Although hayrides and activities may not be taking place, as usual, you can still walk around and have fun picking out pumpkins. Several patches also have other goodies that you can shop for and take home with you, such as local honey, jams, peanuts, and more.
- Bonfire– Having a bonfire is something that you can easily do at home. If you don’t have access to a fire pit, check with a relative or buy a small outdoor one. Make yummy apple cider or hot cocoa and enjoy smores by the fire. Kids really enjoy this. You can also check out the stars and tell stories. Bonfires are a great way to relax and connect together as a family.
- Fall Baking- There are so many delicious fall recipes! Grab the kiddos and pick your favorite recipes, then start baking! You can plan a delicious baked goodie each week or every other week, however much you desire to bake!
- Scavenger Hunt– You can do a scavenger hunt at home or at a pumpkin patch or farm. Print out your list and have prizes for the winners. My kids have always enjoyed scavenger hunts.
- Pumpkin Carving– This is one of my kids’ favorite activities to do near Halloween. After we pick out our pumpkins, we carve and decorate them. It’s so much fun for everyone and we get to enjoy them as decor for several weeks.
- Visit the zoo– If your local zoo is open, fall is a great time to visit. It won’t be hot outside and it won’t be as crowded as during the spring and summer months.
- Crafts– Pinterest has numerous ideas for fun seasonal crafts and activities. Find some of your favorites and get to crafting! See who can make the coolest turkey or the spookiest pumpkin, your options are endless.
- Start Planning a Halloween party– Trick-or-treating won’t be the same this year during a pandemic. Start planning a fun at-home Halloween party! Everyone will enjoy picking out their costumes and you can pick spooky music and movies.
- Be thankful– not just on Thanksgiving but every day, we should be thankful for all that we have. Take the extra time to teach your kids about being thankful and how you can help someone in need as a family.
Many of these activities don’t cost a thing, and if they do it’s not too much. With easy planning, you and your family can enjoy these activities and have a fantastic fall season. Pandemic or not, we can still enjoy all the beauty that this life has to offer. Off to make some memories!